Monday, March 12, 2007

Huzzah! (Saturday)

Cheerio from London!

I’ll squish two days worth of material here, as there is no FREE internet service here. In fact, it costs 15 pounds sterling for 24 hours of access (that’s about $48). We’re going to get it tonight so we can “skype” McKenna (internet call with video—something Paul set up before we left so we could see Maymay).

So here is what happened since my last post:

Paul and I stayed in the Holiday Inn Select in Chicago. We woke at 7am (so about 6 hours of sleep) and went for breakfast at a diner down the road from the hotel. We then went back to the hotel and Paul fell back asleep, but I couldn’t, no matter what I tried.

Finally, even though our plane didn’t depart until 6 pm, we left the hotel at 2 pm and thank goodness! At the United ticket counter (where the guy from United told us to go to get paper tickets for Aer Lingus), the guy helping us didn’t know how to do paper ticketing, so his manager helped. She was amiable and yet was all business. She got on the phone, sorted out some things, and finally, after about a ½ hour, we got our tickets. Or so we thought (this is the theme of our trip). Anyway, we had to go over a tram and up the stairs (re-read to the tune of “over the river and through the woods) to the Aer Lingus line we go! I'll post the rest AS IF I was posting day-to-day.

No comments: